• Les garanties PROVENCEPASS :
  • Les meilleures
    attractions de Provence

    Visites, loisirs, sorties
  • Prix en ligne
    le plus bas

    Meilleure offre Internet !
  • Réservation simple
    et rapide de tickets

    Paiements sécurisés

    Alpilles

    Le Paradou Village

    Catégorie : Étiquettes : ,

    Adresse

    Ville

    Le Paradou

    Site web

    https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradou

    Geolocalisation


    Description

    Het kleine dorpje Le Paradou leunt in de vlakte aan de keten van de Alpilles aan en is beplant met olijfbomen. Het verbouwen van olijfolie is één van zijn hoofdinkomsten. Het is een klein landelijk dorpje met een authentiek karakter dankzij zijn traditionele architectuur en het is omringd door groen. Le Paradou is het geboortedorp van de Provençaalse dichter, de félibre Charloun Rieu, die bevriend was met Frédéric Mistral. Voor het gemeentehuis bevindt zich een grote fontein die versierd is met een buste van Charloun Rieu. Men kan er het “Village des Santons” bezoeken, één van de mooiste tentoonstellingen van Provençaalse santons en één van de grootste kribbes van de wereld. Op de D78 bevindt zich het Oratoire Saint-Roch. een klassiek en heel harmonieus kapelletje dat hulde brengt aan de slachtoffers van de pest van 1720. Saint Roch, beschermheer van de pestlijders en zelf aangetast door de ziekte, werd gered door een hond die sindsdien in iconografische voorstellingen zijn vaste metgezel is geworden. De parochiale Saint-Martin-kerk uit de 15e eeuw is van romaanse oorsprong en biedt onderdak aan de graftombe van Charloun Rieu. Ze vertoont talrijke opschriften in het Provençaals. Het gebouw werd waarschijnlijk opgericht op de ruïnes van een priorij uit de 10e eeuw die beschadigd werd tijdens de godsdienstoorlogen. De kerk werd opgetrokken in 1632. Ze was toen beperkter qua afmetingen dan vandaag en bestond uit de drie traveeën van de zuidelijke beuk. De sacristie was een kapel gewijd aan Saint-Joseph en werd bijgevoegd in 1670. In 1700 werd een nieuwe beuk toegevoegd, de huidige middenbeuk. Het koor werd heringericht in 1848 en de voorgevel werd gemoderniseerd in een neo-romaanse stijl door een architect uit Arles, Auguste Véran (1894). Door zijn reliëf is het massief van de Alpilles doorspekt met talrijke riviertjes die “gaudres” worden genoemd, naar het Provençaalse woord voor “klein riviertje”, een stroompje dat vaak droogstaat in de zomer en een laag debiet heeft tijdens de rest van het jaar. Le Paradou dankt zijn naam aan de lokale benaming van de watermolens die de handwevers uitbaatten op de oevers van de Arcoule-rivier. Elke dinsdagochtend vindt er een Provençaalse markt plaats.


    informations pratiques

    Informations tarif

    gratis

    Avis (0)

    Avis


    Il n’y pas encore d’avis.

    Be the first to review “Le Paradou Village”


      Alpilles

      Le Paradou Village

      Catégorie : Étiquettes : ,

      Adresse

      Ville

      Le Paradou

      Site web

      https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradou

      Geolocalisation


      Description

      The tiny village of Paradou is situated on a plain backing onto the Alpilles. Planted with olive trees, olive growing is one of the main resources of this small rural commune with its traditional architecture and surrounded by nature. Le Paradou is the birthplace of the Provençal poet (or félibre) Charloun Rieu, who was a friend of Frédéric Mistral; there is a large fountain with a bust of Rieu just in front of the town hall. Visits in Le Paradou include the Village des Santons, which houses one of the finest collections of Provençal santons – ornamental Christmas figures – together with one of the world’s largest cribs. The Oratory of St Roch, situated on the D78, is a shrine of harmonious proportions in the classical style. It was built in memory of the 1720 plague: St Roch, who protected victims of the plague, was himself struck down by la peste only to be rescued by a dog, who is subsequently depicted as his companion in iconographic representations. The 15th-century Romanesque parish church of St Martin houses the tomb of Charloun Rieu, as well as numerous inscriptions in Provençal. The church was built in 1632, probably on top of the ruins of a priory damaged during the French Wars of Religion. It would originally have been smaller than today’s edifice, equal in size to the three bays of the south aisle. The sacristy was a chapel devoted to St Joseph that was added in 1670. The main nave was added in 1700. The choir was redesigned in 1848 and the facade modernised in Neo-Romanesque style by an architect from Arles, Auguste Véran (1894). Owing to its hilly topography, the Alpilles are criss-crossed by numerous small streams, called gaudres in Provençal, which often run dry in summer and flow only slowly for the rest of the year. Le Paradou is named after the local word for watermills, which were once operated by weavers along the river Arcoule. A Provençal market is held in the village on Tuesday mornings. The tiny village of Paradou is situated on a plain backing onto the Alpilles. Planted with olive trees, olive growing is one of the main resources of this small rural commune with its traditional architecture and surrounded by nature. Le Paradou is the birthplace of the Provençal poet (or félibre) Charloun Rieu, who was a friend of Frédéric Mistral; there is a large fountain with a bust of Rieu just in front of the town hall. Visits in Le Paradou include the Village des Santons, which houses one of the finest collections of Provençal santons – ornamental Christmas figures – together with one of the world’s largest cribs. The Oratory of St Roch, situated on the D78, is a shrine of harmonious proportions in the classical style. It was built in memory of the 1720 plague: St Roch, who protected victims of the plague, was himself struck down by la peste only to be rescued by a dog, who is subsequently depicted as his companion in iconographic representations. The 15th-century Romanesque parish church of St Martin houses the tomb of Charloun Rieu, as well as numerous inscriptions in Provençal. The church was built in 1632, probably on top of the ruins of a priory damaged during the French Wars of Religion. It would originally have been smaller than today’s edifice, equal in size to the three bays of the south aisle. The sacristy was a chapel devoted to St Joseph that was added in 1670. The main nave was added in 1700. The choir was redesigned in 1848 and the facade modernised in Neo-Romanesque style by an architect from Arles, Auguste Véran (1894). Owing to its hilly topography, the Alpilles are criss-crossed by numerous small streams, called gaudres in Provençal, which often run dry in summer and flow only slowly for the rest of the year. Le Paradou is named after the local word for watermills, which were once operated by weavers along the river Arcoule. A Provençal market is held in the village on Tuesday mornings. The tiny village of Paradou is situated on a plain backing onto the Alpilles. Planted with olive trees, olive growing is one of the main resources of this small rural commune with its traditional architecture and surrounded by nature. Le Paradou is the birthplace of the Provençal poet (or félibre) Charloun Rieu, who was a friend of Frédéric Mistral; there is a large fountain with a bust of Rieu just in front of the town hall. Visits in Le Paradou include the Village des Santons, which houses one of the finest collections of Provençal santons – ornamental Christmas figures – together with one of the world’s largest cribs. The Oratory of St Roch, situated on the D78, is a shrine of harmonious proportions in the classical style. It was built in memory of the 1720 plague: St Roch, who protected victims of the plague, was himself struck down by la peste only to be rescued by a dog, who is subsequently depicted as his companion in iconographic representations. The 15th-century Romanesque parish church of St Martin houses the tomb of Charloun Rieu, as well as numerous inscriptions in Provençal. The church was built in 1632, probably on top of the ruins of a priory damaged during the French Wars of Religion. It would originally have been smaller than today’s edifice, equal in size to the three bays of the south aisle. The sacristy was a chapel devoted to St Joseph that was added in 1670. The main nave was added in 1700. The choir was redesigned in 1848 and the facade modernised in Neo-Romanesque style by an architect from Arles, Auguste Véran (1894). Owing to its hilly topography, the Alpilles are criss-crossed by numerous small streams, called gaudres in Provençal, which often run dry in summer and flow only slowly for the rest of the year. Le Paradou is named after the local word for watermills, which were once operated by weavers along the river Arcoule. A Provençal market is held in the village on Tuesday mornings. The tiny village of Paradou is situated on a plain backing onto the Alpilles. Planted with olive trees, olive growing is one of the main resources of this small rural commune with its traditional architecture and surrounded by nature. Le Paradou is the birthplace of the Provençal poet (or félibre) Charloun Rieu, who was a friend of Frédéric Mistral; there is a large fountain with a bust of Rieu just in front of the town hall. Visits in Le Paradou include the Village des Santons, which houses one of the finest collections of Provençal santons – ornamental Christmas figures – together with one of the world’s largest cribs. The Oratory of St Roch, situated on the D78, is a shrine of harmonious proportions in the classical style. It was built in memory of the 1720 plague: St Roch, who protected victims of the plague, was himself struck down by la peste only to be rescued by a dog, who is subsequently depicted as his companion in iconographic representations. The 15th-century Romanesque parish church of St Martin houses the tomb of Charloun Rieu, as well as numerous inscriptions in Provençal. The church was built in 1632, probably on top of the ruins of a priory damaged during the French Wars of Religion. It would originally have been smaller than today’s edifice, equal in size to the three bays of the south aisle. The sacristy was a chapel devoted to St Joseph that was added in 1670. The main nave was added in 1700. The choir was redesigned in 1848 and the facade modernised in Neo-Romanesque style by an architect from Arles, Auguste Véran (1894). Owing to its hilly topography, the Alpilles are criss-crossed by numerous small streams, called gaudres in Provençal, which often run dry in summer and flow only slowly for the rest of the year. Le Paradou is named after the local word for watermills, which were once operated by weavers along the river Arcoule. A Provençal market is held in the village on Tuesday mornings. The tiny village of Paradou is situated on a plain backing onto the Alpilles. Planted with olive trees, olive growing is one of the main resources of this small rural commune with its traditional architecture and surrounded by nature. Le Paradou is the birthplace of the Provençal poet (or félibre) Charloun Rieu, who was a friend of Frédéric Mistral; there is a large fountain with a bust of Rieu just in front of the town hall. Visits in Le Paradou include the Village des Santons, which houses one of the finest collections of Provençal santons – ornamental Christmas figures – together with one of the world’s largest cribs. The Oratory of St Roch, situated on the D78, is a shrine of harmonious proportions in the classical style. It was built in memory of the 1720 plague: St Roch, who protected victims of the plague, was himself struck down by la peste only to be rescued by a dog, who is subsequently depicted as his companion in iconographic representations. The 15th-century Romanesque parish church of St Martin houses the tomb of Charloun Rieu, as well as numerous inscriptions in Provençal. The church was built in 1632, probably on top of the ruins of a priory damaged during the French Wars of Religion. It would originally have been smaller than today’s edifice, equal in size to the three bays of the south aisle. The sacristy was a chapel devoted to St Joseph that was added in 1670. The main nave was added in 1700. The choir was redesigned in 1848 and the facade modernised in Neo-Romanesque style by an architect from Arles, Auguste Véran (1894). Owing to its hilly topography, the Alpilles are criss-crossed by numerous small streams, called gaudres in Provençal, which often run dry in summer and flow only slowly for the rest of the year. Le Paradou is named after the local word for watermills, which were once operated by weavers along the river Arcoule. A Provençal market is held in the village on Tuesday mornings. The tiny village of Paradou is situated on a plain backing onto the Alpilles. Planted with olive trees, olive growing is one of the main resources of this small rural commune with its traditional architecture and surrounded by nature. Le Paradou is the birthplace of the Provençal poet (or félibre) Charloun Rieu, who was a friend of Frédéric Mistral; there is a large fountain with a bust of Rieu just in front of the town hall. Visits in Le Paradou include the Village des Santons, which houses one of the finest collections of Provençal santons – ornamental Christmas figures – together with one of the world’s largest cribs. The Oratory of St Roch, situated on the D78, is a shrine of harmonious proportions in the classical style. It was built in memory of the 1720 plague: St Roch, who protected victims of the plague, was himself struck down by la peste only to be rescued by a dog, who is subsequently depicted as his companion in iconographic representations. The 15th-century Romanesque parish church of St Martin houses the tomb of Charloun Rieu, as well as numerous inscriptions in Provençal. The church was built in 1632, probably on top of the ruins of a priory damaged during the French Wars of Religion. It would originally have been smaller than today’s edifice, equal in size to the three bays of the south aisle. The sacristy was a chapel devoted to St Joseph that was added in 1670. The main nave was added in 1700. The choir was redesigned in 1848 and the facade modernised in Neo-Romanesque style by an architect from Arles, Auguste Véran (1894). Owing to its hilly topography, the Alpilles are criss-crossed by numerous small streams, called gaudres in Provençal, which often run dry in summer and flow only slowly for the rest of the year. Le Paradou is named after the local word for watermills, which were once operated by weavers along the river Arcoule. A Provençal market is held in the village on Tuesday mornings. The tiny village of Paradou is situated on a plain backing onto the Alpilles. Planted with olive trees, olive growing is one of the main resources of this small rural commune with its traditional architecture and surrounded by nature. Le Paradou is the birthplace of the Provençal poet (or félibre) Charloun Rieu, who was a friend of Frédéric Mistral; there is a large fountain with a bust of Rieu just in front of the town hall. Visits in Le Paradou include the Village des Santons, which houses one of the finest collections of Provençal santons – ornamental Christmas figures – together with one of the world’s largest cribs. The Oratory of St Roch, situated on the D78, is a shrine of harmonious proportions in the classical style. It was built in memory of the 1720 plague: St Roch, who protected victims of the plague, was himself struck down by la peste only to be rescued by a dog, who is subsequently depicted as his companion in iconographic representations. The 15th-century Romanesque parish church of St Martin houses the tomb of Charloun Rieu, as well as numerous inscriptions in Provençal. The church was built in 1632, probably on top of the ruins of a priory damaged during the French Wars of Religion. It would originally have been smaller than today’s edifice, equal in size to the three bays of the south aisle. The sacristy was a chapel devoted to St Joseph that was added in 1670. The main nave was added in 1700. The choir was redesigned in 1848 and the facade modernised in Neo-Romanesque style by an architect from Arles, Auguste Véran (1894). Owing to its hilly topography, the Alpilles are criss-crossed by numerous small streams, called gaudres in Provençal, which often run dry in summer and flow only slowly for the rest of the year. Le Paradou is named after the local word for watermills, which were once operated by weavers along the river Arcoule. A Provençal market is held in the village on Tuesday mornings. The tiny village of Paradou is situated on a plain backing onto the Alpilles. Planted with olive trees, olive growing is one of the main resources of this small rural commune with its traditional architecture and surrounded by nature. Le Paradou is the birthplace of the Provençal poet (or félibre) Charloun Rieu, who was a friend of Frédéric Mistral; there is a large fountain with a bust of Rieu just in front of the town hall. Visits in Le Paradou include the Village des Santons, which houses one of the finest collections of Provençal santons – ornamental Christmas figures – together with one of the world’s largest cribs. The Oratory of St Roch, situated on the D78, is a shrine of harmonious proportions in the classical style. It was built in memory of the 1720 plague: St Roch, who protected victims of the plague, was himself struck down by la peste only to be rescued by a dog, who is subsequently depicted as his companion in iconographic representations. The 15th-century Romanesque parish church of St Martin houses the tomb of Charloun Rieu, as well as numerous inscriptions in Provençal. The church was built in 1632, probably on top of the ruins of a priory damaged during the French Wars of Religion. It would originally have been smaller than today’s edifice, equal in size to the three bays of the south aisle. The sacristy was a chapel devoted to St Joseph that was added in 1670. The main nave was added in 1700. The choir was redesigned in 1848 and the facade modernised in Neo-Romanesque style by an architect from Arles, Auguste Véran (1894). Owing to its hilly topography, the Alpilles are criss-crossed by numerous small streams, called gaudres in Provençal, which often run dry in summer and flow only slowly for the rest of the year. Le Paradou is named after the local word for watermills, which were once operated by weavers along the river Arcoule. A Provençal market is held in the village on Tuesday mornings.


      informations pratiques

      Informations tarif

      free

      Avis (0)

      Avis


      Il n’y pas encore d’avis.

      Be the first to review “Le Paradou Village”