• Les garanties PROVENCEPASS :
  • Les meilleures
    attractions de Provence

    Visites, loisirs, sorties
  • Prix en ligne
    le plus bas

    Meilleure offre Internet !
  • Réservation simple
    et rapide de tickets

    Paiements sécurisés

    Avignon

    Petit Palais Museum

    Catégorie : Étiquettes : ,

    Adresse

    Adresse

    Palais des archevêques, Place du Palais

    Ville

    Avignon

    Code postal

    84000

    Téléphone

    04 90 86 44 58

    Site web

    http://www.petit-palais.org/

    Geolocalisation


    Description

    Het indrukwekkende massieve silhouet van het Petit Palais sluit het plein van het pausenpaleis af aan de noordkant. In de loop van het tweede decennium van de XIVᵉ eeuw krijgt dit mooie gebouw gestalte en wordt het “Petit Palais” gedoopt, als tegenstelling van zijn machtige buurman, het Palais des Papes. Dit paleis herinnert aan de 25 paleizen die in de stad opgetrokken werden door de kardinalen. Deze gebouwen worden kardinaalspaleizen of “livrées cardinalices” genoemd. Kardinaal Bérenger Frédol de Oude, penitentiaris onder paus Clemens V, liet omstreeks 1318 een ruime residentie optrekken. Het was een paleis van twee verdiepingen geflankeerd door een enorme toren. Na zijn dood in 1323, kocht kardinaal Arnaud de Via, die een neefje was van de heersende paus Johannes XXII, de residentie op voor zichzelf en breidde ze uit met het gebouw op de helling van de rots. In 1335 kocht paus Benedictus XII het paleis en bracht er de bisschoppelijke zetel in onder. Na heel wat werkzaamheden kreeg het gebouw aan de binnenkant de vorm die dicht aanleunt bij hoe het er nu uitziet. Het Petit Palais werd zowat enkel gebruikt als woning voor de kardinaal-bisschoppen in Avignon. Pierre d’Aigrefeuille woonde er gedurende zijn periode als aartsbisschop zonder tot kardinaal benoemd te zijn. Tijdens het eerste pausschap in het Palais des papes (1398-1408) werd de residentie gebruikt als kazerne voor de troepen onder het commando van Geoffroy le Meingre. Tijdens het tweede pausschap (1410-1411) werd het door Rodrigue de Luna opgenomen bij het defensiesysteem van het paleis. Vanaf 1457 werd het beschadigde paleis gerestaureerd op bevel van kardinaal Alain de Coëtivy. Het was zijn opvolger, Giuliano della Rovere, de toekomstige paus Julius II, die het zijn huidige vorm gaf en er het aartsbisschoppelijk paleis van maakte. In 1498 ontving deze kardinaal er op een prachtige wijze César Borgia, zoon van paus Alexander VI. Frans De Eerste die een bezoek bracht aan de graftombe van Laura, werd er ontvangen door kardinaal Ippolito de Medici in 1553. Tijdens de Revolutie werd het paleis staatseigendom en daarna werd het gebruikt voor verscheidene doeleinden. Sinds 1976 fungeert het Petit Palais als museum dat onderdak biedt aan enkele meesterwerken uit de middeleeuwse schilderkunst en de renaissance waaronder de 300 primitieven van de collectie Campana.


    informations pratiques

    Prix plein tarif

    6,00

    Informations tarif

    Full price : 6 € / Reduced price: 3 €

    Avis (0)

    Avis


    Il n’y pas encore d’avis.

    Be the first to review “Petit Palais Museum”


      Avignon

      Petit Palais Museum

      Catégorie : Étiquettes : ,

      Adresse

      Adresse

      Palais des archevêques, Place du Palais

      Ville

      Avignon

      Code postal

      84000

      Téléphone

      04 90 86 44 58

      Site web

      http://www.petit-palais.org/

      Geolocalisation


      Description

      The enormous and imposing outline of the Petit Palais (the ‘Small Palace’) completes the Place du Palais (‘Palace Square’) to the north. This beautiful building emerged during the second decade of the 14th century; it was given the name Petit Palais to distinguish it from its powerful neighbour, the Palais des Papes. The building is a reminder of the 25 palaces constructed in the town by the cardinals. These grand mansions built by the cardinals are known as Livrées Cardinalices. Cardinal Bérenger Fredol the Old, the grand penitentiary of Pope Clement V, constructed a vast mansion around 1318, a two-tiered palace flanked by a huge tower. On his death in 1323, Cardinal Arnaud de Via (nephew of the sitting Pope John XXII) bought it on his own account and extended the building constructed on the side of the Rocher des Doms. Pope Benedict XII purchased the property in 1335 and transferred the episcopal seat there. A major campaign of work gave the palace interior a layout that is similar to its current appearance. The Petit Palais was almost exclusively the Livrée of the cardinals and bishops of Avignon, although Pierre d’Aigrefeuille resided in the palace during his episcopate even though he had not been named as a cardinal. During the first siege of the Palais des Papes (1398-1408), the building was used as a barracks for troops under the command of Geoffroy le Meingre; during the second siege (1410-1411), it was attached to the palace’s defence system by Rodrigue de Luna. The palace was damaged but was restored on the orders of Cardinal Alain de Coëtivy from 1457 onwards. It was the cardinal’s successor, Julien de la Rovère (the future Pope Julius II) who gave it its present appearance. De la Rovère’s successor, the legate Giuliano della Rovere (nephew of Pope Sixtus IV) made numerous changes and converted it into the palace of the archbishops. In 1498, the cardinal received Cesare Borgia, son of Pope Alexander VI, in splendour at the palace. François I, whilst on a visit to the tomb of Laure, was hosted there by Cardinal Ippolito de’ Medici in 1535. The palace was ‘nationalised’ during the Revolution and subsequently had a variety of uses. The Petit Palais has been a museum since 1976, housing masterpieces of painting from the Middle Ages and Renaissance, including the 300 primitive pictures in the Campana collection. The enormous and imposing outline of the Petit Palais (the ‘Small Palace’) completes the Place du Palais (‘Palace Square’) to the north. This beautiful building emerged during the second decade of the 14th century; it was given the name Petit Palais to distinguish it from its powerful neighbour, the Palais des Papes. The building is a reminder of the 25 palaces constructed in the town by the cardinals. These grand mansions built by the cardinals are known as Livrées Cardinalices. Cardinal Bérenger Fredol the Old, the grand penitentiary of Pope Clement V, constructed a vast mansion around 1318, a two-tiered palace flanked by a huge tower. On his death in 1323, Cardinal Arnaud de Via (nephew of the sitting Pope John XXII) bought it on his own account and extended the building constructed on the side of the Rocher des Doms. Pope Benedict XII purchased the property in 1335 and transferred the episcopal seat there. A major campaign of work gave the palace interior a layout that is similar to its current appearance. The Petit Palais was almost exclusively the Livrée of the cardinals and bishops of Avignon, although Pierre d’Aigrefeuille resided in the palace during his episcopate even though he had not been named as a cardinal. During the first siege of the Palais des Papes (1398-1408), the building was used as a barracks for troops under the command of Geoffroy le Meingre; during the second siege (1410-1411), it was attached to the palace’s defence system by Rodrigue de Luna. The palace was damaged but was restored on the orders of Cardinal Alain de Coëtivy from 1457 onwards. It was the cardinal’s successor, Julien de la Rovère (the future Pope Julius II) who gave it its present appearance. De la Rovère’s successor, the legate Giuliano della Rovere (nephew of Pope Sixtus IV) made numerous changes and converted it into the palace of the archbishops. In 1498, the cardinal received Cesare Borgia, son of Pope Alexander VI, in splendour at the palace. François I, whilst on a visit to the tomb of Laure, was hosted there by Cardinal Ippolito de’ Medici in 1535. The palace was ‘nationalised’ during the Revolution and subsequently had a variety of uses. The Petit Palais has been a museum since 1976, housing masterpieces of painting from the Middle Ages and Renaissance, including the 300 primitive pictures in the Campana collection.


      informations pratiques

      Prix plein tarif

      6,00

      Informations tarif

      Full price : 6 € / Reduced price: 3 €

      Avis (0)

      Avis


      Il n’y pas encore d’avis.

      Be the first to review “Petit Palais Museum”