• Les garanties PROVENCEPASS :
  • Les meilleures
    attractions de Provence

    Visites, loisirs, sorties
  • Prix en ligne
    le plus bas

    Meilleure offre Internet !
  • Réservation simple
    et rapide de tickets

    Paiements sécurisés

    Avignon

    Place des Corps saints

    Catégorie : Étiquette :

    Adresse

    Ville

    Avignon

    Code postal

    84000

    Geolocalisation


    Description

    Ten tijde van de Romeinse kolonisatie vonden op deze site de begrafenissen plaats buiten de muren van Avenio. Kardinaal Pierre van Luxemburg die in 1387 stief op 19-jarige leeftijd had uit bescheidenheid gevraagd om begraven te worden op de kleine begraafplaats voor de armen naast de Sorgue. Reeds snel nadat hij begraven werd, vonden op zijn graftombe mirakels plaats waardoor deze plaats zo’n belangrijke pelgrimsplaats wordt dat de koningin van Sicilië Maria van Blois er in 1389 een houten kapel liet optrekken. Het is op diezelfde plaats dat Clemens VII de Celestijnen de toestemming gaf om er een klooster op te richten. De eerste steen van de kerk werd gelegd op 25 juni 1935 door de hertogen van Berry, Bourgogne en Orléans. De werken werden in etappes uitgevoerd en werden onderbroken in 1425 na de bouw van een derde travee die gesloten werd door de voorlopige gevel. Daarna werden ze nooit meer heropgenomen. Later, in 1690, werden de relieken van Saint Bénezet overgebracht van de brug naar de Eglise des Célestins. Daarop werd plein Place des Corps Saints genoemd, naar de twee heiligverklaarden Pierre de Luxembourg en Saint Bénézet. Als een dorp in het hart van Avignon, is het Place des Corps Saints vandaag de dag een aangenaam plein ingericht rond een fontein, omringd door winkels en terrasjes en overschaduwd door 4 grote platanen, een plein waar een publiek van stamgasten, studenten en in de maand juli festivalgangers graag verkoeling komen zoeken.


    informations pratiques

    Informations tarif

    gratis

    Avis (0)

    Avis


    Il n’y pas encore d’avis.

    Be the first to review “Place des Corps saints”


      Avignon

      Place des Corps saints

      Catégorie : Étiquette :

      Adresse

      Ville

      Avignon

      Code postal

      84000

      Geolocalisation


      Description

      This is the site where the dead were buried outside the walls of Avenio during Roman colonial times. Cardinal Pierre de Luxembourg, who died in 1387 at the age of 19, wanted to be interred in the small cemetery of the poor near the river Sorgue out of a sense of humility. A series of miracles occurred over his tomb shortly afterwards, and it became such an important place of pilgrimage that the Queen of Sicily, Marie of Blois, had a wooden chapel built there in 1389. Clement VII granted the Celestins permission to found a monastery on the same site. The first stone of the church was laid on June 25, 1395 by the Dukes of Berry, Burgundy and Orléans. The building advanced in stages and, after work was interrupted in 1425 following the construction of a third bay closed in by the temporary façade, it was never resumed. Later, in 1690, the relics of St Bénézet were removed from the bridge and housed in the church of the Celestins. The square then took the name Place des Corps Saints (‘Square of the Holy Bodies’), an allusion both to Pierre de Luxembourg and St Bénézet. Like a village in the heart of Avignon, the Place des Corps Saints is now a pleasant esplanade arranged around a fountain; it is surrounded by shops and cafe terraces, with shade provided by four large plane trees where a mix of locals, students and festival-goers gather to cool off in the heat of July. This is the site where the dead were buried outside the walls of Avenio during Roman colonial times. Cardinal Pierre de Luxembourg, who died in 1387 at the age of 19, wanted to be interred in the small cemetery of the poor near the river Sorgue out of a sense of humility. A series of miracles occurred over his tomb shortly afterwards, and it became such an important place of pilgrimage that the Queen of Sicily, Marie of Blois, had a wooden chapel built there in 1389. Clement VII granted the Celestins permission to found a monastery on the same site. The first stone of the church was laid on June 25, 1395 by the Dukes of Berry, Burgundy and Orléans. The building advanced in stages and, after work was interrupted in 1425 following the construction of a third bay closed in by the temporary façade, it was never resumed. Later, in 1690, the relics of St Bénézet were removed from the bridge and housed in the church of the Celestins. The square then took the name Place des Corps Saints (‘Square of the Holy Bodies’), an allusion both to Pierre de Luxembourg and St Bénézet. Like a village in the heart of Avignon, the Place des Corps Saints is now a pleasant esplanade arranged around a fountain; it is surrounded by shops and cafe terraces, with shade provided by four large plane trees where a mix of locals, students and festival-goers gather to cool off in the heat of July.


      informations pratiques

      Informations tarif

      free

      Avis (0)

      Avis


      Il n’y pas encore d’avis.

      Be the first to review “Place des Corps saints”


        Avignon

        Place des Corps saints

        This is the site where the dead were buried outside the walls of Avenio during Roman colonial times. Cardinal Pierre de Luxembourg, who died in 1387 at the age of 19, wanted to be interred in the small cemetery of the po…

        Catégorie : Étiquette :

        Adresse

        Ville

        Avignon

        Code postal

        84000

        Geolocalisation


        Description

        This is the site where the dead were buried outside the walls of Avenio during Roman colonial times. Cardinal Pierre de Luxembourg, who died in 1387 at the age of 19, wanted to be interred in the small cemetery of the poor near the river Sorgue out of a sense of humility. A series of miracles occurred over his tomb shortly afterwards, and it became such an important place of pilgrimage that the Queen of Sicily, Marie of Blois, had a wooden chapel built there in 1389. Clement VII granted the Celestins permission to found a monastery on the same site. The first stone of the church was laid on June 25, 1395 by the Dukes of Berry, Burgundy and Orléans. The building advanced in stages and, after work was interrupted in 1425 following the construction of a third bay closed in by the temporary façade, it was never resumed. Later, in 1690, the relics of St Bénézet were removed from the bridge and housed in the church of the Celestins. The square then took the name Place des Corps Saints (‘Square of the Holy Bodies’), an allusion both to Pierre de Luxembourg and St Bénézet. Like a village in the heart of Avignon, the Place des Corps Saints is now a pleasant esplanade arranged around a fountain; it is surrounded by shops and cafe terraces, with shade provided by four large plane trees where a mix of locals, students and festival-goers gather to cool off in the heat of July. This is the site where the dead were buried outside the walls of Avenio during Roman colonial times. Cardinal Pierre de Luxembourg, who died in 1387 at the age of 19, wanted to be interred in the small cemetery of the poor near the river Sorgue out of a sense of humility. A series of miracles occurred over his tomb shortly afterwards, and it became such an important place of pilgrimage that the Queen of Sicily, Marie of Blois, had a wooden chapel built there in 1389. Clement VII granted the Celestins permission to found a monastery on the same site. The first stone of the church was laid on June 25, 1395 by the Dukes of Berry, Burgundy and Orléans. The building advanced in stages and, after work was interrupted in 1425 following the construction of a third bay closed in by the temporary façade, it was never resumed. Later, in 1690, the relics of St Bénézet were removed from the bridge and housed in the church of the Celestins. The square then took the name Place des Corps Saints (‘Square of the Holy Bodies’), an allusion both to Pierre de Luxembourg and St Bénézet. Like a village in the heart of Avignon, the Place des Corps Saints is now a pleasant esplanade arranged around a fountain; it is surrounded by shops and cafe terraces, with shade provided by four large plane trees where a mix of locals, students and festival-goers gather to cool off in the heat of July.


        informations pratiques

        Informations tarif

        gratuit

        Avis (0)

        Avis


        Il n’y pas encore d’avis.

        Be the first to review “Place des Corps saints”