• Les garanties PROVENCEPASS :
  • Les meilleures
    attractions de Provence

    Visites, loisirs, sorties
  • Prix en ligne
    le plus bas

    Meilleure offre Internet !
  • Réservation simple
    et rapide de tickets

    Paiements sécurisés

    Arles

    Roman Aqueduc of Barbegal

    Catégorie : Étiquette :

    Adresse

    Adresse

    Route de l'Acqueduc

    Ville

    Fontvieille

    Code postal

    13990

    Geolocalisation


    Description

    De aquaduct en de molen van Barbegal vormen een Romeins complex van een hydraulische maalderij die gesitueerd is in Fontvieille, nabij de stad Arles. Dit geheel werd geklasseerd als “de grootste bekende concentratie van mechanische kracht uit de antieke wereld”. Sinds 12 juli 1886 is de aquaduct gedeeltelijk opgenomen in de lijst van historische monumenten, sommige delen vormen het onderwerp van een opname in het register sinds 5 februari 1937. Het dal Vallon des Arcs is gelegen op het grondgebied van Fontvieille op ongeveer zeven kilometer ten oosten van de stad Arles en wordt overgestoken door twee parallelle aquaducten, gedeeltelijk op brugbogen. De reden voor deze installatie ligt bij de verschillende aanpassingen die aangebracht werden aan de aquaduct van Arles in het begin van de 2e eeuw. Het primitieve eerste bouwwerk bestond uit twee ribben die samenkwamen in een waterbekken waaruit het enige kanaal vertrok dat Arles van water voorzag. De oostelijke rib werd omgeleid om de maalderij van Barbegal met water te bevoorraden, terwijl de westelijke rib Arles van water bleef voorzien. De vernieuwde brug liep via greppels door de kleine bergketen van la Pène om de maalderij met water te bevoorraden. Het water zette een mechanisme in werking van twee reeksen met acht verticale waterraderen met bakken die langs beide kanten beschikten over een centrale gang. Ze wekten energie op voor de meelmolens. De aquaduct en de molens van Barbegal werden gebouwd om de stad Arles te bedienen. De maalderij kon tot 4,5 ton meel per dag produceren, genoeg om de 12500 inwoners van Arles in die tijd van eten te voorzien. Opgravingen van het oostelijke afvoerkanaal en van het bergreservoir van Vallon des Arcs hebben aangetoond dat dit complex werd opgetrokken in de 2e eeuw en dat het in gebruik was tot het begin van de 3e eeuw.


    informations pratiques

    Informations tarif

    gratis

    Avis (0)

    Avis


    Il n’y pas encore d’avis.

    Be the first to review “Roman Aqueduc of Barbegal”


      Arles

      Roman Aqueduc of Barbegal

      Catégorie : Étiquette :

      Adresse

      Adresse

      Route de l'Acqueduc

      Ville

      Fontvieille

      Code postal

      13990

      Geolocalisation


      Description

      The aqueduct and the Barbegal mills form a Roman hydraulic mill complex located in Fontvieille, near the town of Arles. This complex has been called ‘the largest known concentration of mechanical power in the ancient world’. Part of the aqueduct was classified as a national historic monument on 12 July 1886, and other parts were classified as regional historic monuments on 5 February1937. The Les Arcs Valley, in the commune of Fontvieille, approximately seven kilometres east of Arles, is crossed by two parallel, partly arched aqueduct bridges. This system can be explained by the modifications made to the Arles aqueduct in the early 2nd century. The original structure consisted of two branches which converged into a pond, from where a single conduit supplied Arles. Its eastern branch was diverted to supply the Barbegal mill, while the western branch continued to supply the town of Arles. The newly constructed bridge crossed the secondary Pène range to supply the mill. The water worked two series of eight vertical paddle wheels on either side of a central alley; these wheels supplied energy to the flour mills. The aqueduct and the Barbegal mills were built to supply the town of Arles. The mill could produce 4.5 tonnes of flour a day, enough to feed the 12,500 inhabitants of Arles at the time. Excavations of its eastern drainage channel and the upstream pond of the Les Arcs Valley have revealed that this complex was built in the early 2nd century and operated until the early 3rd century. The aqueduct and the Barbegal mills form a Roman hydraulic mill complex located in Fontvieille, near the town of Arles. This complex has been called ‘the largest known concentration of mechanical power in the ancient world’. Part of the aqueduct was classified as a national historic monument on 12 July 1886, and other parts were classified as regional historic monuments on 5 February1937. The Les Arcs Valley, in the commune of Fontvieille, approximately seven kilometres east of Arles, is crossed by two parallel, partly arched aqueduct bridges. This system can be explained by the modifications made to the Arles aqueduct in the early 2nd century. The original structure consisted of two branches which converged into a pond, from where a single conduit supplied Arles. Its eastern branch was diverted to supply the Barbegal mill, while the western branch continued to supply the town of Arles. The newly constructed bridge crossed the secondary Pène range to supply the mill. The water worked two series of eight vertical paddle wheels on either side of a central alley; these wheels supplied energy to the flour mills. The aqueduct and the Barbegal mills were built to supply the town of Arles. The mill could produce 4.5 tonnes of flour a day, enough to feed the 12,500 inhabitants of Arles at the time. Excavations of its eastern drainage channel and the upstream pond of the Les Arcs Valley have revealed that this complex was built in the early 2nd century and operated until the early 3rd century. The aqueduct and the Barbegal mills form a Roman hydraulic mill complex located in Fontvieille, near the town of Arles. This complex has been called ‘the largest known concentration of mechanical power in the ancient world’. Part of the aqueduct was classified as a national historic monument on 12 July 1886, and other parts were classified as regional historic monuments on 5 February1937. The Les Arcs Valley, in the commune of Fontvieille, approximately seven kilometres east of Arles, is crossed by two parallel, partly arched aqueduct bridges. This system can be explained by the modifications made to the Arles aqueduct in the early 2nd century. The original structure consisted of two branches which converged into a pond, from where a single conduit supplied Arles. Its eastern branch was diverted to supply the Barbegal mill, while the western branch continued to supply the town of Arles. The newly constructed bridge crossed the secondary Pène range to supply the mill. The water worked two series of eight vertical paddle wheels on either side of a central alley; these wheels supplied energy to the flour mills. The aqueduct and the Barbegal mills were built to supply the town of Arles. The mill could produce 4.5 tonnes of flour a day, enough to feed the 12,500 inhabitants of Arles at the time. Excavations of its eastern drainage channel and the upstream pond of the Les Arcs Valley have revealed that this complex was built in the early 2nd century and operated until the early 3rd century. The aqueduct and the Barbegal mills form a Roman hydraulic mill complex located in Fontvieille, near the town of Arles. This complex has been called ‘the largest known concentration of mechanical power in the ancient world’. Part of the aqueduct was classified as a national historic monument on 12 July 1886, and other parts were classified as regional historic monuments on 5 February1937. The Les Arcs Valley, in the commune of Fontvieille, approximately seven kilometres east of Arles, is crossed by two parallel, partly arched aqueduct bridges. This system can be explained by the modifications made to the Arles aqueduct in the early 2nd century. The original structure consisted of two branches which converged into a pond, from where a single conduit supplied Arles. Its eastern branch was diverted to supply the Barbegal mill, while the western branch continued to supply the town of Arles. The newly constructed bridge crossed the secondary Pène range to supply the mill. The water worked two series of eight vertical paddle wheels on either side of a central alley; these wheels supplied energy to the flour mills. The aqueduct and the Barbegal mills were built to supply the town of Arles. The mill could produce 4.5 tonnes of flour a day, enough to feed the 12,500 inhabitants of Arles at the time. Excavations of its eastern drainage channel and the upstream pond of the Les Arcs Valley have revealed that this complex was built in the early 2nd century and operated until the early 3rd century. The aqueduct and the Barbegal mills form a Roman hydraulic mill complex located in Fontvieille, near the town of Arles. This complex has been called ‘the largest known concentration of mechanical power in the ancient world’. Part of the aqueduct was classified as a national historic monument on 12 July 1886, and other parts were classified as regional historic monuments on 5 February1937. The Les Arcs Valley, in the commune of Fontvieille, approximately seven kilometres east of Arles, is crossed by two parallel, partly arched aqueduct bridges. This system can be explained by the modifications made to the Arles aqueduct in the early 2nd century. The original structure consisted of two branches which converged into a pond, from where a single conduit supplied Arles. Its eastern branch was diverted to supply the Barbegal mill, while the western branch continued to supply the town of Arles. The newly constructed bridge crossed the secondary Pène range to supply the mill. The water worked two series of eight vertical paddle wheels on either side of a central alley; these wheels supplied energy to the flour mills. The aqueduct and the Barbegal mills were built to supply the town of Arles. The mill could produce 4.5 tonnes of flour a day, enough to feed the 12,500 inhabitants of Arles at the time. Excavations of its eastern drainage channel and the upstream pond of the Les Arcs Valley have revealed that this complex was built in the early 2nd century and operated until the early 3rd century. The aqueduct and the Barbegal mills form a Roman hydraulic mill complex located in Fontvieille, near the town of Arles. This complex has been called ‘the largest known concentration of mechanical power in the ancient world’. Part of the aqueduct was classified as a national historic monument on 12 July 1886, and other parts were classified as regional historic monuments on 5 February1937. The Les Arcs Valley, in the commune of Fontvieille, approximately seven kilometres east of Arles, is crossed by two parallel, partly arched aqueduct bridges. This system can be explained by the modifications made to the Arles aqueduct in the early 2nd century. The original structure consisted of two branches which converged into a pond, from where a single conduit supplied Arles. Its eastern branch was diverted to supply the Barbegal mill, while the western branch continued to supply the town of Arles. The newly constructed bridge crossed the secondary Pène range to supply the mill. The water worked two series of eight vertical paddle wheels on either side of a central alley; these wheels supplied energy to the flour mills. The aqueduct and the Barbegal mills were built to supply the town of Arles. The mill could produce 4.5 tonnes of flour a day, enough to feed the 12,500 inhabitants of Arles at the time. Excavations of its eastern drainage channel and the upstream pond of the Les Arcs Valley have revealed that this complex was built in the early 2nd century and operated until the early 3rd century. The aqueduct and the Barbegal mills form a Roman hydraulic mill complex located in Fontvieille, near the town of Arles. This complex has been called ‘the largest known concentration of mechanical power in the ancient world’. Part of the aqueduct was classified as a national historic monument on 12 July 1886, and other parts were classified as regional historic monuments on 5 February1937. The Les Arcs Valley, in the commune of Fontvieille, approximately seven kilometres east of Arles, is crossed by two parallel, partly arched aqueduct bridges. This system can be explained by the modifications made to the Arles aqueduct in the early 2nd century. The original structure consisted of two branches which converged into a pond, from where a single conduit supplied Arles. Its eastern branch was diverted to supply the Barbegal mill, while the western branch continued to supply the town of Arles. The newly constructed bridge crossed the secondary Pène range to supply the mill. The water worked two series of eight vertical paddle wheels on either side of a central alley; these wheels supplied energy to the flour mills. The aqueduct and the Barbegal mills were built to supply the town of Arles. The mill could produce 4.5 tonnes of flour a day, enough to feed the 12,500 inhabitants of Arles at the time. Excavations of its eastern drainage channel and the upstream pond of the Les Arcs Valley have revealed that this complex was built in the early 2nd century and operated until the early 3rd century. The aqueduct and the Barbegal mills form a Roman hydraulic mill complex located in Fontvieille, near the town of Arles. This complex has been called ‘the largest known concentration of mechanical power in the ancient world’. Part of the aqueduct was classified as a national historic monument on 12 July 1886, and other parts were classified as regional historic monuments on 5 February1937. The Les Arcs Valley, in the commune of Fontvieille, approximately seven kilometres east of Arles, is crossed by two parallel, partly arched aqueduct bridges. This system can be explained by the modifications made to the Arles aqueduct in the early 2nd century. The original structure consisted of two branches which converged into a pond, from where a single conduit supplied Arles. Its eastern branch was diverted to supply the Barbegal mill, while the western branch continued to supply the town of Arles. The newly constructed bridge crossed the secondary Pène range to supply the mill. The water worked two series of eight vertical paddle wheels on either side of a central alley; these wheels supplied energy to the flour mills. The aqueduct and the Barbegal mills were built to supply the town of Arles. The mill could produce 4.5 tonnes of flour a day, enough to feed the 12,500 inhabitants of Arles at the time. Excavations of its eastern drainage channel and the upstream pond of the Les Arcs Valley have revealed that this complex was built in the early 2nd century and operated until the early 3rd century.


      informations pratiques

      Informations tarif

      free

      Avis (0)

      Avis


      Il n’y pas encore d’avis.

      Be the first to review “Roman Aqueduc of Barbegal”